Skip to main content

Memorable Quotes from 2010

The Associated Press is reporting the release of Yale law librarian Fred Shapiro's ten most memorable quotes from 2010. At the top of the list is former Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell's statement in a campaign ad: "I'm not a witch." Other quotes include "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach" (LeBron James) and this priceless one from airline passenger John Tyner directed to a TSA agent in San Diego: "If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested." Nancy Pelosi, former BP CEO Tony Hayward, Christine O'Donnell (again), and former Labour prime minister Gordon Brown also make the list. See the full AP story picked up by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Shapiro will apparently include these 2010 quotes in his next edition of The Yale Book of Quotations, originally published in 2006.