Here are a few research tips for academic legal writing:
- Sign up for a research consultation with a reference librarian at any stage, from topic selection to developing background research.
- Explore the world beyond Google. The Moritz Law Library and the OSU Libraries offer a wide range of databases, books, and journals.
- Keep track of your research process so that you don’t repeat steps and so that you can cite sources properly.
- Synthesize sources. Academic legal writing draws on many supporting sources rather than only a few.
- As you read law review articles, take note of the range and frequency of citations as a model for your own work.