Laws affecting pets are numerous, and one could start a practice dedicated exclusively to assisting pets and their owners. Consider it the perfect kind of general practice. Here are a few recent headlines for news stories where legal issues and pets have arisen:
- In Honor of Kim Kardashian (advice from divorce lawyers, including the best state in which to seek a divorce if custody of a pet is at stake)
- Owners of Dog Slain by Police are Awarded Attorney Fees
- ‘Don’t Shoot My Dog’ Bill Moves Forward, Would Require More Police Training
- How Much is that Doggie in the Window? Not Much, Texas Justices Rule (addressing whether---in Texas---a pet euthanized by a shelter is more than mere property)
- Witness for the Poo-secution (Ira Glass tells the story of how science is being used to fight the ultimate neighborhood plague: Dog poop.)
So, what do we have in the library to assist you?